Jignesh Vaidya's Biography:
- Global Client Partner & Management Consultant, Based in Europe since Jan 2007
- Manufacturing Innovation & Transformation Consulting Lead for EU & UK.
- CxO consulting for key Manufacturing organizations.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Global Supply Chain Management & Transformation
- Digital Transformations across Product Lifecycle Management, Product Data, Customer Experience and Manufacturing Plant Operations leveraging IoT
- IS Transformation across End User Services, Cloud Migrations, DC Migrations and Service Management
- 24 years of experience spanning Manufacturing, Business & IT Consulting, Digital Transformation, Configuration Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain Transformations, ERP Implementations, Analytics & BI.
- Domain experience across Engineering, Design, Process, Procurement disciplines in Manufacturing, Process Industry, Power Generation, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Oil and Gas Domain.
- 2 years Invited Faculty for Business Strategy Formulation and Implementation Final Year, MBA College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
Education & Accomplishments
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Masters Degree in Business & Administration (MBA) Finance
- Best Young Managers Trophy from All India Management Association
Collaborative CPQ : Trends Ahead
The world of CPQ, and thereby Configurators, has seen a slow and steady evolution over the past decades. However, the last few years have seen more change than ever.
In this session, we present an overall view of the impact digital and collaborative technologies are having in the field of CLM and CPQ, and the role cloud platforms will play in the transformation of the way forward.
Today, configuration terms such as modularization, guided selling, and pricing automation have become the norm. The erstwhile BOM is now the BOI. The movement from mass manufacturing to mass customization began years back, but with technology and communication advancements, each year it has taken a new role.
This “new normal” is becoming more complex and more innovative with connected-world collaboration taking on new meaning with the introduction of the cloud. Along with the advantages technology brings, we also face concerns and issues related to Cloud operations.
The impact and significance of Configuration Lifecycle Management (CLM) has spread across the value chain and started affecting the strategies and the fortunes of large OEMs, retailers, dealers, and service organizations alike. No longer are we limited to discussions of Product or Sales Configurations alone. We now talk of service configurators and collaborative configurations in the cloud. Product Development now comes in a SaaS model. The impact is seen and felt across NPI, design, costing pricing, sales, manufacturing, inventory, spares, after-sales service, remote monitoring, compliance and sustainability.